CRITICAL THINKING CERTIFICATE AND TRAINING
A powerful way to differentiate yourself in the workplace is your ability to solve problems, analyze and synthesize information, and provide unbiased observation, reflection, and reasoning. We call this Critical Thinking. Formally Critical Thinking is the process of examination and analysis that guides beliefs and actions. Critical thinking, like a muscle, can be developed and exercised.
Baldwin Wallace’s Critical Thinking Certificate program explores problem-solving, data literacy, artificial intelligence (AI) tools in the workplace, evidence-based decision-making, and the field of analytics.
WHO BENEFITS FROM A CRITICAL THINKING CERTIFICATE?
Whether you use critical thinking today or see value in applying a critical thinking approach in your role, this certificate program offers each of the skills and key pieces of knowledge to be successful. It’s relevant to all industries and any skill level and offers a great opportunity for advancement.
CRITICAL THINKING CERTIFICATE COURSE OBJECTIVES
Courses take participants through problem-solving, data literacy, artificial intelligence (AI) tools in the workplace, evidence-based decision-making, and the field of analytics. Courses will cover how to:
- Learn general problem-solving strategies that can be used to tackle a wide variety of challenging problems.
- Build foundational data concepts.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of AI large language models such as ChatGPT.
- Identify descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Apply data analysis and decision-making tools to the workplace.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF THE BW CRITICAL THINKING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM?
The critical thinking courses can be taken together to earn a Critical Thinking Certificate, or individually if preferred.
- Classes are taught by accredited Baldwin Wallace professors.
- Courses are open enrollment and not credit earning. Courses do provide Continuing Education Units for those whose careers require evidence of continuous learning.
- Classes meet for a half or full day of learning (see individual class descriptions).
- All courses take place in the fall of 2023, and the entire certificate can be completed by November 8, 2023.
- Classes are held on BW’s beautiful campus, in Berea, Ohio.
- Some classes require all participants to bring a laptop (see individual course descriptions). Internet access will be provided.
- Lunch breaks are provided.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE PACKAGE
Register for our full suite of project management courses to get your certificate. Expand the accordions below to learn more about the objectives and specifics of each project management class.
INDIVIDUAL CRITICAL THINKING COURSES
Expand the accordions below to learn more about the objectives and specifics of each critical thinking class. Register for one or as many as you like.
CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER POLICIES
- All scheduled classes will be held.
- Individuals who cannot attend a scheduled class can transfer their registration to a future program or another individual.
- Transfers must be completed 5 business days prior to the program's start.
- Refund Policy: Course registrations are non-refundable. Due to the preparation of these courses, we are not able to offer refunds at this time.